Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Can we call it Friday yet?
It's been a long week...and it's only Wednesday! The hospital has been quite busy. Monday they moved the patients to the new rooms once the 9 a.m. meds were given. It was then that the fun began. Problems were realized with new room numbers not being built into the computer system which kind of throws the electronic record system off. Plus the overhead paging system was apparently deafening in the new addition while it was sounding normal in the original part of the hospital. My deposit was off so I had to figure that out, with a "Monday brain" no less! At the end of the day, things were seemingly squared away and we were ready to face new issues on Tuesday.
Monday also meant eye exam for me. I am less far-sighted than I was last year, which seems to be a trend for me. My eyes are dry (probably due to the hours spent staring at a computer screen). So I dropped a chunk of change replacing my lost prescription sunglasses (the old ones can turn up any time now...I've bought new ones!) and got new frames since it has been 3 years since my last purchase. I also ended up seeing Julie Larson for my persistent hand pain. She suggested it try wearing my wrist splints, as glamorous as they are, at work and as much as possible while at home. I am also to take two Aleve twice a day. We are going to give this a two week trial to see if this will tame down my flare up of the carpal tunnel I am having at this time. This body God has given me is requiring a lot more maintenance these days. Never mind all that I do to make it look halfway decent, but now I have to pop additional pills, wear appliances and plop drops in my eyes a couple times a days. No wonder old people are always tired!
Tuesday seemed to be the average day at work. I came home and decided to go to Algona to get some real exciting household goods...toilet paper, toothpaste, tissue, and some other boring things. Got home, put things away, got my jammies on and went to bed. Reed did ask me a weird question in the midst of all of this -- "So, did you go upstairs yet?" Since I have no reason to go upstairs, I kind of wondered why he would ask this. Then upon cleaning the house tonight, I noticed the empty boxes from the light fixtures I have had for, well, I don't know how many years. I just had to go upstairs and see. As long as I can remember, we have had just lightbulbs in the ceiling of the hallway. Since I was putting away my Easter decorations, I went upstairs to see them -- beautiful! What a surprise! Little did I know it but Mike had more another surprise for me.
This morning as I was drying my hair and Mike stepped out of the shower, I noticed he had some scrapes on his back and hip. I said, "What did you do to yourself?" He said, "I fell". "How?!?" "Off the roof", he said calmly. WHAT?!!!? He then proceeded to show me the rest of his scrapes on his forearms, thighs and the palms of his hands. He had been helping Mike Hilbert do some shingle patching on our roof and he slipped. Luckily somehow or another he caught himself before totally falling off the house. That man must have some guardian angel!!! Our lives could have been totally turned upside down in the blink of an eye.
As I write this he is out working on the field and taking advantage of this beautiful weather we've been having. He was supposed to lector at confirmation tonight but whoever scheduled lectors had two othem with only one reading. Since we didn't have any kids in confirmation, it wasn't a big deal to miss it. Father Miller said we COULD have a child in confirmation again someday...LOL! In trying to convince me he said that his mother was about my age when she had him....I told him the thought of having a child like him was not a selling point! He laughed and assured me the was a good boy...until he got to be a bigger boy; now why doesn't that surprise me!
Gabby has been plagued by back pain this week and went to urgent care on Monday and was diagnosed with muscle strain and given muscle relaxants and pain killers. She has been contemplating how to tell her boss that she wants to quit and by God's grace, yesterday her boss asked her if she was feeling like she wanted to go back to Iowa. She gave her notice at that time and her boss asked for 4-6 weeks for her go find someone else. As of now we are planning on going to get her around Memorial Day. She wants to land in the Cedar Falls/Waterloo area so is looking and applying for jobs online now and is looking and calling apartment complexes as well. I don't know if I can make another 4-6 weeks to wait to get her back!
I think I want Friday to be here so badly because I am planning on going to Des Moines to get my hair cut. Those trips are always the best because I get to see Bobby and of course there is nothing that beats someone working on your hair! Not sure yet if my sister is going with me but it would take a lot to stop me from going! Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment