Had the honor to play for Jerry and Carol Tlach's daughter, Julie's wedding this weekend. She made it pretty easy as she really didn't have any preferences for music and had no vocalist, so it was just pretty much up to me as to what I wanted to play. They were married in Ft. Dodge and the priest's name was Father Sunny Dominic. We assume they were married anyway as his English was a little broken but I think we all caught the basics anyway. Julie was a beautiful bride and her husband, Matt seems to be a nice guy. Our best wishes to them. Here are a couple of pics Mike took at the wedding. For those of you in the Hejlik family who follow the blog, see how many relatives you can spot in the background of the pics (kind of a 'Where's Waldo' kind of thing).
Little Amanda came over again today for a little "girl" time. She's been begging to come over for weeks but we just have been too busy, so today I had her come over for a few hours. I had no idea what I was going to do to keep her entertained, but she just likes to hang out at my house. We made some chocolate oaties and then did pedicures. She also could spend hours in my closet. She is so impressed with everything being organized according to color (and Mike thinks I'm a little anal about my closet...some people like it!) We looked at every purse I own and I think she tried on every pair of shoes I own. I did pawn off an old wallet and pair of sunglasses that I no longer use. She thought they were priceless. Then just us "girls" went uptown and split a flurry at the Heartland Diner and drove around town a little bit with the sunroof open which she deems as "really cool". We did have a good time and will have to do it again sometime.
Trying to get Micah ready for college. He gets to have an eye exam and dentist appt. tomorrow and will try to work him in for a haircut too. He needs to get in touch with his roommate to see what he is bringing and what we need to bring. This time is going so fast and I just don't know if Mom will be ready but I just keep praying that both us will be able to cope. I will miss him around here, he is kind of my guardian. He's always looking out for me and can always tune into when things aren't quite going my way or if I don't feel good and asks if there is anything he can do. I just know who is going to be that "go to" guy for me when he leaves.
We are trying to plan some time we can get away as a family before he goes off to college but things just keep popping up that prevent us from taking off. We'll see what the next few weeks brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment