What a wild week! Started out the week by ending the fiscal month at work. Was a little easier now that Steph is back and for some reason they ended the month at the 28th which seemed to us to be an extra day early compared to most months. We ended up getting all the charges in on Tuesday morning and I finished my part of it shortly after.
I spent the first part of the week at home getting ready for women's card club to be held at my house. Since it is December, I was expected to have my home all decked out for the season. Mike was a really big help over the weekend and even into the week so everything went smoothly. Even though I spent Tuesday evening entirely at choir practice, I still managed to get everything ready and we had a really good time playing cards. There was soooo much good food brought by everyone. Mike made carmels and Kim brought veggie pizza. I didn't have very good cards and ended up staying at the same table all night long...didn't win a game until the last game we played (wouldn't you know it!). It was a fun evening and I did stay in bed a little longer the next morning and went to work later as I had been battling a cold all week.
On Saturday, Mike and I went over to finalize the paperwork on our new purchase, a 2010 Cadillac SRX. Once we got that settled, we headed over to Mason City as Mike had some reward certificates for Best Buy that were about to expire and I wanted to use them for a couple of Christmas gifts (and that's all I can say about that -- don't want to give too much away!). After Best Buy, he dropped me off at Hobby Lobby -- the store that I could spend all day in -- while he went to get some gas. Once done in Hobby Lobby, we headed home as neither one of us was in the mood to do any more shopping, particularly on a weekend in the holiday season.
Once we got home, Mike took a nap as we were soon to be headed to sub at card club at Gary and Sheryl Chizek's house. As it turned out, Fr. Miller was also invited so Brenda and I seized the perfect opportunity to get a picture for Christmas cards for our two former priests. Hopefully neither one of them is reading this before they get the card in the mail! We actually did play cards that evening, which is pretty amazing for this card club. Come to think about it, a lot of things happened at card club that night that were quite unusual but I don't want to expose anyone. Let's just say that I'm sure Fr. surely noticed cause for many of us to be seeing him in the reconciliation room.
Sunday was spent on the go, all day long. After mass, there was the Advent breakfast (yum!). Once we got home, I tried to get a little rest since I got to bed after 1 a.m. from being out the night before. I had to be spiffed up and in Kanawha at 1 p.m. for the afternoon concert of the Hancock County Choir's Christmas concert. I got home from that, changed clothes and tried to warm up, eat a light snack/supper and then got dressed again and off to the show for the evening performance. I ended up staying and making sure everything was returned to its proper place in the church and got home about 9:30. The concert went just great and it was well attended in both venues. It really is fun to sing in a group like that again. Kind of like being in high school again except (most) members are mature. My sister, Deb, played in the bell choir so she got to experience the whole busy day thing as well.
When I did get home, my husband spoiled me rotten. We were both famished and discovered we needed groceries desparately. He did find a frozen pizza and popped that into the oven. Meanwhile I took a whirlpool bath and relaxed. He even put my jammies in the dryer for me so they were warm when I put them on after my bath. By the time I was done with my bath, the pizza was done and we ate pizza and drank pop in bed while watching "That 70s Show". What a relaxing end to a wacky weekend!
I took today off because I anticipated that after Sunday I would be exhausted if I had to get up and head to work. We are taking to calling these kinds of days "mental health" days in the words of my co-worker, Ruth Buns. Sometimes you just need a day off where there is just nothing planned. I slept in (woke up at 7:10), stayed in my jammies until 8:30. After that I cleaned up the kitchen, took a shower, threw in a load of laundry and took off to town to run a few errands. I did end up getting those groceries we needed so desperately as well. I managed to order Reed's senior pictures (a little slow, I know) and Mike managed to get a few bills off in the mail. Nothing major accomplished but still not a totally wasted day. I think I will have to try to make days like this a habit!
No comments:
Post a Comment