Well, another Thanksgiving had come and gone. Luckily Micah was able to come home on Tuesday and his trip was not affected by the icy weather of Wednesday. All of my side of the family was able to get together except for two of the grandchildren and two of the great-grandchildren who were at their dad's for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, my Gabby was one of the grandchildren who was unable to come home. (Sniff, sniff!) The other was my niece, Rachel, who lives in Boston. Both of them will be able to be here at Christmas so that is a plus. We ate turkey and ham and all the trimmings plus TONS of desserts were available. There is never a loss for delicious food when we get together.
Micah enjoyed being home for a few days and even slept until 9 one of the days (one of the days that I had to work so he could sleep in without me bugging him!). He did say that when he comes home he notices that the shower is "short". Apparently the shower head in the boys' bathroom is lower than the ones at school. He was kind of bummed about having to be back in Dubuque at noon for a run through of his concert this afternoon. I wish I could have seen him in the concert -- he had to wear his tuxedo for it. Now he is counting the days until the semester is over. When he comes home for Christmas he will be home for a little over a month. I am going to have to find something for him to do or his mind may turn to mush.
Mike has gotten some cold/flu thing going on and I am hoping NOT to get it. I have a little bit of a sore throat today...I don't have time to be sick! I have choir practice for next week's concert two nights this week from 7-9 p.m. and Wednesday night I have women's card club at my house. I then have to make it through the concert day itself on Sunday. I think I will take Monday off to recover and maybe do a little Christmas shopping. I don't think I have much shopping to do this year as we are kind of cutting back to just one or two nice gifts for the kids. I do have some "grab bag" and "Secret Santa" gifts to get but not any big deal.
We did have someone come and look at the Expedition to buy it. They are going to think it over. I think naturally have to find where they can come up with the money for it so we will just have to wait and see. Maybe I will be car shopping as well!
I hate to say it but I got all my Christmas decorations up this weekend...it's not even December yet! I'm sure I will be heading up to my mom's this week sometime in between everything else and decorate for her. I'm afraid she is going to have to wait as I am exhausted today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment