I got to work to learn of Brad Broshar's passing away last night. It just really tears my heart out for the family members. What can we say and what can we do for them? I guess the best thing to do is to pray for them all and be there when they need a hand. Mike was asked to serve but I believe he is going to his uncle's funeral in Ladysmith, Wisconsin. Fr. Dellaert had originally wanted to come up for Brad's funeral when we visited a couple of weeks ago but he has a funeral at one of his parishes for a 15 year old girl who died in a car accident.
Got through the CDA meeting tonight as I remembered last night after I got home that I promised I would be the entertainment and play a couple of Thanksgiving songs. It was a soup supper and was delicious. Here's an observation though -- why do the women who are extremely hard of hearing sit at the back of the room during the meeting and then yell, "I can't hear them -- what are they talking about!" Just one of those interesting observations of life.
When I got home from the meeting and pulled into the garage, I saw the newest use for the broken chair from Micah's dorm room -- our dog, Riley, has a new bed!
Well, it's getting near bedtime and my swollen eyelids are getting heavy!
No comments:
Post a Comment