
On my way out the door to my folks' on Thanksgiving, I received a text from my co-worker that our buddy, Jim Wilhite, had passed away. He had been in the hospital since Tuesday morning and this time we knew he wasn't going to his earthly home. I did go up to visit Jim and the family on Tuesday afternoon but he was under after having morphine and was resting comfortably. It just wasn't like Jim to not be talking and cracking jokes when you go to visit him. On Wednesday, Micah and Mike came to join me for dinner and we went upstairs again as Micah and Vana, Jim's daughter, are good friends. Vana was his para at middle school and Jim and Bev have always been very good to our family. Jim was still out of it but once I grabbed his warm hand and Vana told him that I was there he did stir a bit and try to speak. He passed away later Wednesday night. I will really miss the guy along with all his hugs and compliments. He was a real silver-tongued devil.
We went to the visitation tonight at the Corwith Community Center and the line was out the door of the building and wrapped around inside. He looked very good, just like our Jim. The family was doing pretty well...they recognized that the man in that hospital bed wasn't living the way he wanted to. I'm sure some angels are having some fun now that Jim has joined them!
No comments:
Post a Comment