What a wonderful day -- somewhere! We awoke to a dusting of snow that kept accumulating. I went in to work at about 9:30 and drove a whole 20 mph on the way to town. The northbound lane of the road I travel on had not yet been plowed at all. In fact, I had heard that the county had taken off their blades not expecting any more snow until next winter. Foiled again! Many schools had let out at 10:15 -- I can't quite figure that one out. It was a lot of heavy, wet snow and initially we were forecast for 5-7 inches but that kept dwindling until it was pretty much just light rain by the time I left work.
I am having quite the busy week. Last night I had joint choir practice at Duncan for Holy Thursday mass. That is always, let's just say, 'interesting'. Once that was over I came home to work on Reed's graduation invites. I screwed all the labels up that I had when I was trying to get the Mail Merge to work. I got some more today and did get that accomplished. Just need to seal and stamp them and get them in the mailbox!
Tonight I kept busy making stuff for tomorrow's bake sale for Relay for Life. I HATE to bake!!! I made individual cool veggie pizzas and snack mix that I will put into small containers. I just got the kitchen cleaned up and, oh, did I mention? I HATE to bake!!! We also sell Easter baskets so I have a few little "baskets" with some cute little ditties like toy magnifying glasses, little pots with flower seeds, a bug net and bug viewer, bug books and kiddie sunglasses. Easter used to be quite the big deal when my kids were little. I remember getting them all Easter clothes to wear to church. They pretty much got the same thing in their Easter baskets every year, toothbrushes, socks or underwear (whichever they happened to need), a chocolate bunny and maybe some sidewalk chalk or bubbles or the like. Whatever happened to dressing up for Easter? I think since nobody can see me in the choir loft and the kids just grew up that kind of became less important.
I was checking my e-mail on my yahoo account and Facebook sent me an e-mail. They were telling me that I had not been on facebook recently and had 1 message, 2 friend requests, 2 invites and 77 photo tags. What's up with the photo tags people?!? I guess I will see soon enough!
Tomorrow is yet another busy day at work with the bake sale, my sister's birthday (she's 58 tomorrow -- good Lord that is old!!!), appointments and meetings galore. I hope there is not too much actual work to be done or I could be in serious trouble!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment