Just trying to unwind from a day away from home. Today, Brenda and I went to a conference in Cedar Falls that was addressing the upcoming mass changes that are to be implemented in the Fall. We hit the road this a.m. at 6 a.m. with high hopes that we would receive some insight into how to ease everyone into these new changes in the Roman Missal. We made very good time and swung by a Casey's to pick up something to drink (we didn't know what/if anything was going to be provided). We got to the conference, checked in and they did have some muffins, fruit, rolls and juice. We were among the first to arrive so we had our choice of tables and selected one where we could make a gracious, unnoticable exit. While we partaking of the refreshments, Frs. Miller and Hertges arrived and joined us at our table. Soon after we were joined by Fr. Huber and eventually by Fr. Dellaert as well. Between us we did keep the conference from getting too boring. I'd hate to think of how long that day would be without our little party table to help pass the time! As for the conference, everything we needed to know was pretty much covered before the first break and after that it just kept getting more annoying. Just one giant Disney Sing-Along day! After the conference, Brenda and I stopped in to see Gabby since we were just down the road. She showed Brenda around the farm and showed her some of the horses.
Once we got home, I had a little bit of a problem with Mugsy. As soon as I opened the door to get out of Brenda's car, he made his way into the car! Let me tell you, St. Bernards are not easy to pry out of a car! I have never seen him do anything like this before, but Brenda is a really nice gal and I suppose he just wanted to visit with her as well! On Saturday I had to restrain him when my mom came out as I was afraid he would knock her over. (That was easier said than done!) Mugsy isn't a mean dog, but he just doesn't realize his size and strength or know how "friendly" is just too friendly. Mom's not exactly steady on her feet without a St. Bernard bugging her!
After supper I had to bake bars for a funeral tomorrow. Georgia Harrington passed away on Sunday. She was a fixture in Woden for years and upon their retirement, she and her husband, Francis, moved to Britt. I did get to know her rather well during Catholic Daughters and other church activities. She and her husband always sat near our family when the kids were little. She has been in the nursing home for a few years now due to dementia.
It was nice to have the day off but next time I think I'll do something more fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope Mugsy doesn't get into my car. I'm glad that you got to see your faithful friends back at the conference. Georgia was a really nice woman. I'll never forget that face in the front church pew when I was reading. Plus, I visited her and I sort of got a feeling that she has Alzheimer's. She never talks that much and holds her dolly close to her. But, the Lord God saw that she was suffering. I would save it for later. Luv ya.
Mugsy just wanted to make sure I felt welcomed! He was great! I'm with you in thinking next time we get a chance to get away let's try something new. Your upstairs looks wonderful--impressive!
Post a Comment