Sunday, January 29, 2012

We recovered from last weekend. I tried to get some things accomplished around the house -- pretty much unsuccessfully though. Sunday finally came and Micah got back to the good old U.S.A. He called when he got back to Dubuque and told us he would be on his way and that was around noonish. Mike told him that the roads might be slick as it was kind of sleeting here. Micah called us when he passed Charles City and Mike discussed what he wanted for supper and it was decided that a pizza from Titanium Lunchbox was in order. A little later, the phone rang and once again it was Micah -- he was in the ditch. As he got closer to Mason City the roads got more slippery. Mike contacted my nephew, Dan, to see if Trulson Auto either would go get him out or knew of someone in the area who would do so. Dan informed us there was a tow ban in Cerro Gordo county as the roads were too slippery. Mike called Micah back and a policeman had stopped to see if Micah needed assistance and then left once Micah told him he had been in contact with us about getting a tow truck. After calling Dan back about this, he got in touch with someone from Rudd and he went and pulled Micah out and he was finally on his way home. Exhausted from the trip home from Peru, Micah plugged on and finally reached Britt...only to go in the ditch just south of Britt only a few miles from home. This time, not only did he go in the ditch, but when he got out to check and see if he could possibly get out himself, he locked himself out of the car. Luckily he had his cell phone with him and called home and Mike went to get him in the truck. This time Dan did the towing and towed the car into the garage at Trulson Auto to thaw out. The car was in tact but Dan thought that maybe there was something wrong with one of the wheel's alignment when made it harder to handle. This was corrected later in the week. Nice to have those connections!

This week work was just pretty just work. Kim had a terrible migraine and was down for the count for a couple of days. It's not like she's had any stress at all lately! Maybe just one of these weeks she can have a boring week.

Wednesday came and I sucked it up and weighed in at Weight Watchers. The weather was fine and I had no other places to be so I just ran out of excuses. Turned out fine -- I am maintaining the loss. Winter makes it kind of difficult. Either I'm stuck in the house with nothing to do but eat or we finally get out of the house only to go out and -- eat.

This week brought a couple more deaths to our small community. Donna Moats, one of the legendary school cooks from our elementary days, passed away this week. Also, Glenn Kronemann, the father of one of our classmates, Wayne Kronemann, passed away. Glenn and his wife have been living in Carpenter but the family brought him to Britt to be closer to the majority of his kids.


I just had to put a picture of my flower on here. I got it at my women's card club this year. I assured the gal, Kelly Hartman, who brought it that it probably would not see life in my house. I am not known for having a green thumb. I planted one of these one year and did not end up with one single bloom. She reassured me that this one would be different, she had every faith in my ability to get a blooming flower this year. I went to plant it after Christmas and the bulb had already sprouted a stem with two flowers almost ready to bloom! I didn't know if it would really make it once planted in the pot. The stem was REALLY curved but after a couple weeks it has straightened up and has gotten a couple more blooms. I can't believe it!

This weekend I baked cinnamon rolls and put some in the freezer (yes, Bobby, I will keep some for you when you come this weekend!). I also vacuumed and dusted and did that same old weekend cleaning and laundry crap. Today I was so tired after church! I laid on the couch but am not typically a very good daytime sleeper. Mike was in the recliner with the same problem. I told him to put some golf on the TV -- it worked like a charm, I was out like a light! When I woke up, I went in to my folks' and made their bed (mom washed the sheets and has a tough time getting them back on the bed) and visited with Mom for a few hours. Now I feel recharged and ready to start a new week!

No comments: