Not a bad weekend if measured by productivity. Saturday morning I slept in until 7 (guilty pleasure)! Upon rising, I made myself a quick hot breakfast and proceeded to clean in the warmest room of the house -- the kitchen. Did the usual emptying of the dishwasher and washing of the "too big for the dishwasher" items. Then I tried a new cleaning product for stainless steel. It's this Scotch Brite stainless steel cleaner that is essentially a soft, sponge-like holder that has a velcro like base on one side. On this side you place a disposable cloth moistened with a stainless steel cleaner on it and wipe your appliances clean. Worked like a charm! Next I decided I would tackle my pantry. It's been a while since I had really did more than "tidy" the pantry. Threw out some expired goods and put a basket on one of the shelves marked clearly 'REED' so that he has someplace to put the food that he buys for his lunches and foods that he buys for himself to eat. Also have to make a mental note -- don't buy any green beans, pinto beans or ranch dressing for a while! I wonder if there are any recipes out there that require all three of these ingredients...that would be interesting!
Reed and I had Spam and cheese sandwiches and, you guessed it, green beans for lunch. Mike had taken a back-up ambulance run to Mason City so he wasn't around to join in the festivities. During the day I had also been throwing bedding in the laundry from the upstairs bedrooms. I had already washed and made Gabby's old room's bed. Next was Reed's bed. While this was washing, I touched up a few spots of paint and we got the room arranged back in order. I started to go through some of his clothes as to "keep" or "donate" but I soon started to just want to take a nap right there on his bed. Instead of this, I went down to my room and laid down for a wee-little bit. After my nap, I finished Reed's bedding and did Micah's bedding so I am all ready for my kids to come home to visit! Micah comes home on Wednesday and Gabby will be home at Easter.
Woke up this morning with left ear pain and bunch of sinus congestion. Popped a Sudogest and Tylenol at 5:30 and headed back to bed hoping to get a handle on this before mass. I knew John Weishaar wasn't going to be at mass today so I really had to go in case we had no cantor. Luckily, Cathy Weiland came so all I had to do was play a couple songs and sing in the choir. We did our usual Hardees breakfast, went to Alco for a few things and came home and I crashed in bed. I hope this won't hang on and I can shake it soon.
I did discover last night that apparently Hejlik women, be they "work horses" or "show ponies" are meant to be seen and not heard. It seems that after being in the family officially for almost 27 years and having been a part of family get-togethers even in the 3 years we were dating, some family members still haven't bothered to get to know me well enough to understand my sense of humor or sarcasm. It was deemed that my blog needed to be "edited" to maintain the 'stellar' Hejlik name and reputation such that it has. I have been asked why I do not include some of my own family's not-so-proud family members in my anecdotes. Well, in particular, I do have one family member who is not really doin' us all proud right now but she is not doing anything that particular Hejlik family members have not already done or are still doing. If I were to address these issues, other family members would probably think I was referring to them and their situations. As per me having to edit my blog, it is nothing new. For over a year now, Mike has asked me to refrain from including any information of anything that would show that we have spent any money. He even went so far as to try to dissuade me from blogging on our vacations in case people would think that we must have too much money if we can afford plane tickets. So with each blog, I have to think twice to make sure we don't sound too "fortunate".
My blog is not widely read. It is read mainly by my kids who live away from us as a way to keep abreast with what is happening at home. Sure, they can call, but I tend to forget to tell them some of the little things that happen that, as it turns out, mean a lot to them. I also have a few people, that I consider dear friends, who actually "get me" and enjoy reading my life and my off-the-cuff comments. Yes, some people actually find me funny and even care about me. I do not wish to stop blogging for the sake of one individual who has no sense of humor and was offended. It's just like a television show, if you find a program offensive then turn the channel or turn it off. If you don't like what your read in my blog, delete me from your computer. Nuff said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment