Sunday, June 7, 2009

Good day for .... a nap!




Time seems to be flying by... can't believe we are in June already. I wish someone would inform the one in charge of the weather that it is June but I am sure that soon enough we will be surrounded by the heat and famous humidity that seems to come hand-in-hand with it.

The pics are from last weekend when we ventured down to Swisher to my nephew's graduation party. They show my two sisters and I and the other is of my sister, Cyndi, sister-in-law, Janet and my daughter Gabby. We had a very nice visit and was a nice little get away for the day.

The carpenters are coming back tomorrow for what we hope is nearing the end of the kitchen remodel. Hopefully next weekend I can be filling up my cupboards with dishes and cooking supplies (if I can remember where I put them all!). We have been using the new appliances a little as we go along. I did manage to set the oven to time bake some potatoes for the boys while I was at work. I told them that if the potatoes weren't cooked for lunch, there was always bread and butter! My son said I sounded like Grandma! I guess I am turning into my mother after all.

The weather today is cold and damp, I think I will be curling up to take a nap or maybe watch a movie (which will more than likely put me to sleep).

Hopefully my next post will be about us cooking and eating in the kitchen and getting back to "normal".

No comments: