Thursday, August 13, 2009

Signs of an Ending Summer

All around me I see signs that the summer is winding down. Hobo Days are over and I survived once again. Next year I am leaving town for Hobo Days (I say that every year for those of you who don't know by now!). It was very good to see Fr. Pelzel again and had a nice visit with him and he delivered a fantastic homily on Sunday. My sister came up for the weekend (not for the Hobo Day celebration, only to visit the folks). She had some great family pictures of her family and she got a chance to come out and see the famous kitchen. We had a very nice visit and talked about everything from soup to nuts.

I got the boys registered for school today. Have conferences scheduled for August 24th so it is even more official that the summer will end. The first day of classes for this August 26th.

We are hoping to get the the Iowa State Fair next week. Have to get my Cyclone football poster, something on a stick, bucket of cookies and of course Mike will have to have his state fair lemonade. Perhaps if Fr. Huber is good and plays his cards right I will pick up something for him at the Hawkeye booth!

Gabby is actually coming home this weekend and wants to go shopping so it looks like I have my weekend planned for me. Can't wait!

No comments: