Well, Mugsy's been with us an entire month now. He weighs over 30 lbs. -- up from the 18 lbs. when he came. He is really settling in well but our other dog is perhaps a little jealous.
Gabby came home this weekend and we went -- you guessed it -- SHOPPING! She needed some riding breeches so we went to Owatonna to Let's Ride for those and then we drove over to Mankato to finish out the day at the mall and Kohl's. Of course we did the Olive Garden for lunch.
On Sunday we went to Father Huber's 40th birthday party. We had a good time and lucky him...he even got serenaded with a polka, the Beer Barrel Polka no less.
Tomorrow we are going to the Iowa State Fair for our yearly trek and day of junk food. Sam Smith and Emma Chizek are to perform at 5:00 in the afternoon and Mike is supposed to work at the Pork Producers booth for a few hours. Hopefully the weather will be good down there.
Just got done canning corn and cleaning up the mess. Put 18.5 quarts away in the freezer. If I wouldn't eat so much as I am cutting it off the cob I probably could have had a full 19 quarts but that would take all the fun out of it!
I had better turn in as Mike wants to leave early in the a.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment