Wednesday, September 9, 2009

GO CYCLONES!/ School Days Memories





Since I don't have current "new" pictures, I thought I'd go back to the "good old days" and share some memories of times gone by.

Of course with the big game coming on us this weekend, I had to get my plug in for my Cyclones! I got this jacket for Mike for a birthday many moons ago --let's just say in his pre-moustache days! One day when I was wearing it, I was offered a handsome sum of money for it since it is the old-style Cy. Didn't think Mike would appreciate it though. The jacket ended up being stolen by hired help who turned out to not be so trustworthy.

The other pics are Mike and I's kindergarten photos. With school beginning for many, I thought it would be fun to share these blasts from the past. Mike and I weren't in the same class -- I had Mrs. Larson and he had Mrs. Brumm. I don't have a lot of kindergarten memories other than Jim McDermott constantly pulling at my pigtails and also him taking my shoes off under the table and not giving them back. My sisters teased me that he just did that because he liked me but those were still the days when boys had "cooties"!

Our little Mugsy is doing well but not so little any more. He went in for some shots and a check up last week and weighed 42 lbs. at 3 months. I am also discovering that I do not dare have any potted plants around the yard as he likes do drag them around pots and all. Maybe next year!

The boys are getting back into the routine of school. Micah got the part of the mayor of a red-neck town in the fall play. Play practice starts tomorrow night but he is choosing to go to the parish council meeting as he is the youth representative. He is busy researching colleges, scholarships, etc... Reed is my chauffeur this year (don't know if my nerves can take it or not though!) He seems to be getting into becoming one of the upperclassmen this year.

Will be busy this weekend with my cousin's benefit here in Britt. I am also hosting my dad's Norvegian cousins from Minnesota, along with some other Smith relatives for a birthday party for my aunt who will be 80 on Sunday. It seems that one of the unexpected "perks" of remodeling is that now the family all thinks the get-togethers should be at my house. Oh well, I'm just thankful I have family and friends to share it with.

Better get going as it is nearing my bedtime and as most of you know, I am not a night owl!

No comments: