Sunday, November 1, 2009





It's been a while since I have posted any pics or info on our "puppy" so here they are. Mugsy is now 5 months old and I shudder to think of how big he will be when he is fully grown! The top pic is of my daughter, Gabby, Mugsy and our older dog, Riley. Get a load of that tongue of Mugsy's! The other pic is of Mugsy and myself and the bottom pic is how we frequently find Mugsy sleeping..yes, sleeping. Looks more like he's playing dead!

Last week marked the first week of me being an official licensed driver once again. It has been over six months since my last seizure so I took the physical examination form to the courthouse and if I may brag, "aced" all my tests. I knew if I didn't pass that written exam, I would never hear the end of it!!! It is so good to have the freedom to go where I want and when I want once again. I haven't had the opportunity to do one of those leisurely shopping days but I am feeling that one coming soon!

Mike, along with all the other farmers, has not been in the field so much. Today he is in a field north of Britt trying to get some corn out. There are just ponds of water -- the ground is supersaturated and the corn is molding on the ears. We still have beans in the field but they are too wet to combine. Hopefully this week will bring days without rain so something can get done.

Micah has had a busy week. He had all-state tryouts last weekend and this weekend he had the play, "That'll Learn Ya" on both Friday and Saturday nights. I think he could use a little down time whether he would like to admit it or not. We got his senior pictures back and they turned out great. Now to make those final decisions!

Well, I need to go and see if my hubby wants something to eat while he is in the field. Hopefully next week there will be better harvest news to write.

No comments: