
Well, we finally got the last of the crop in on Thanksgiving day. Mike had only 5 acres left. He worked most of Monday night even in the lightning and drizzle to get corn combined but had to leave just a little out there. We got lots of rain on Tuesday so nobody harvested any more until later in the week. I think he went out on Thanksgiving day just so he could say "Back in the day..." when he gets to be 80 years old!
We spent Thanksgiving day with my family at my parents' house. As usual there was plenty of food to go around for a few meals. Instead of hitting the stores on Friday, my daughter and I went in to my parents' house and decorated their house for Christmas. This is something I enjoy doing for them each year, knowing that if I did not put up those decorations they would just sit in the closet. I purchased some new garland for above the fireplace this year, so it was a nice change for them.
Micah got, as he put it, "some very interesting mail" this week. He got his letter of acceptance to Loras College. He is absolutely ecstatic! My boy, the Duhawk! This is, however, kind of a reality check for me as next year at this time, he will be heading back for college after Thanksgiving break. My little boy is turning into a young man!
My daughter headed back to Cedar Rapids today but first as you can see we snapped a few pics for Christmas cards (thanks to my nephew, Dan, for playing photographer!) It was Mike's idea to bring Mugsy in and sit him on our lap for a picture. I posted one of the bloopers. We were all laughing which would make Dan laugh and then the dog would make his funny noises...what a time!
I'm in for a busy week this week both at work and at home. End of November financials are this week (yuck!) and on Wednesday I have ladies' card club, the weekend is super busy with church activities and Hancock County Little Theater Christmas Concert on Sunday. It carries a little bit into the next week with a meeting on Monday, but hopefully things can settle down a little big (if that's possible during the holiday season!)
I'd better get to making my list of all the things that need to be done during the week...one day at a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment