
Hope all of you are having a great holiday season! It's nice to reminisce about Christmas' past and funny when you stop and think about the ones you remember vividly. I will admit that I do not remember vividly the Christmas in the picture here, but am sure my sister, Deb, has some recollection of it. What IS that outfit she is wearing? Was that actually a fashion statement she was trying to make? Also, dig that aluminum tree! Did we have class or what?!?

I do vaguely remember this Christmas. I remember wanting more than ANYTHING cowgirl boots and a cowgirl outfit. I was so excited when I got them for Christmas. I'm sure part of these presents were birthday presents since I am so lucky to have a birthday the day after. By the way, those lovely feet belong to my brother, Jim.

This last pic is from a Christmas that was ever so stressful. This was from the Christmas season Reed was born. He was born on December 14 and taken to University of Iowa Hospital the same day he was born. I couldn't go with him since I had delivered him by c-section and had to stay behind in Mason City for a few more days. I spent the following weeks leading up to Christmas staying with him in Iowa City and made the difficult decision to come home for Christmas and leave him behind. He was in good hands but it was a difficult decision none-the-less. Thanks to the skill of the doctors there and the prayers from our community here in Britt, we were able to bring him home on January 2. Those are times that test our faith and our strength but only make both of these things stronger in the end. We are thankful that Reed is alive and with us today and touches our lives in his own specialy way.
We will spend our Christmas day at home together and will be entertaining the Smith side of the family here at our house on Saturday. My parents are looking forward to having a Christmas at "home" again. Mom is expecting singing of Christmas carols (looks like that means I might have to play again!). I'm sure there will be plenty of great food and for sure a lot of laughs. Whenever anyone gets together with my mom, that is sure to be happening! Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures of our family get together.
Until the next post, I wish you and your family a very blessed Christmas!
1 comment:
Hi, Kristi, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family! I'm posting this on Dec. 26, which, if I read your message correctly, is your birthday...so "Happy Birthday", too!
Blessings--Mary Ann Andersen
Post a Comment