Sunday, December 27, 2009

Post Holiday Wind Down


We all survived the Smith Christmas yesterday. Mike and the boys didn't get to enjoy much of it as the baby pigs that were supposed to come in on Christmas eve were postponed to Saturday due to the weather. They were supposed to arrive at 8 a.m. but didn't get here until 10:30. The second truck load of them got stuck in the ditch right by our house so my brother-in-law, who runs a towing business, was called away to help get them out. By the time they got this load unloaded and in the house and showered it was probably about 2:30. We ate without them needless to say but they did get in on the presents part and card games. This house is definitely not used to little kids any more, I will be washing windows at some point this week!




Mugsy got a little spoiled by all the attention from the kids. Once again, Mike broke the rule and let him come in the house for a little babying with my great niece, Kate Hejlik. She was the recipient of a couple of St. Bernard kisses while we petted him and sat in awe of how big he is for only 6 months old. Believe me, Mike had to do some physical dragging to get him back out the door again!

After today (when we are hopefully rid of all the leftovers of the holidays), I HAVE to begin to detox myself from all these sweets and salty snackies I have around. I do have to look somewhat respectable in a swimsuit for the first week in March. I know it's not healthy, but I must also start to tan (tanned fat looks better than white fat!).

If I don't get another post out there before, have a safe and happy new year. Also, go Cyclones -- beat those Golden Gophers!!! Awwww, what the heck -- go Hawkeyes and beat whoever it is you're playing down there in sunny Florida!

No comments: