Sunday, January 17, 2010

Beating the Winter Blaahhhs


We are trying to think up new and exciting ways to fight the duldrums of winter. Last weekend we had a little friend from our church, Amanda Chizek, over to make carmels and homemade ice cream. We also played cards and "The Price is Right" on Wii. I also got the chance to giggle and snicker with another girl about silly things (such things my boys don't do!). We had a great time and now we are thinking about planning another "event" with her. Maybe we can make some Valentine cut out cookies...hmmmmm.


The snow is almost as high as an elephant's eye and definitely as high as our St. Bernard's eye. He can sit on the snow drift outside our house and whine and bark until we let him in the garage. You know it's bad when you have to live with the lights out to make sure your dog doesn't see you in the house and start bugging you! I think maybe he is just a tad spoiled.








Mike, Micah and I went for a college visit to Loras College on Friday where Micah has applied and been accepted. There are so many things to do to prepare both Micah and ourselves for this big transition. I can't think of where to begin but there are a couple of deadlines for some things he must meet as far as scholarships, etc... Of course there is always the focus on the immediate concern of graduating from high school as well. I am kind of glad we did go in the winter as that does seem to be the most "unbeautiful" time for any campus during the bleak mid-winter. I will say though that Iowa State University does have a much more beautiful campus. There is so much in the way of art in the form of sculptures, statues, gardens and landscaping there.

Gabby is home for an overnight visit to get her car checked. There are no classes tomorrow as it is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I guess that means no mail either so my workload will be light tomorrow.

Mike will be heading off on a snowmobile trip with his brothers to Colorado or somewhere out there. I, on the other hand, need to stay home and work on my tan for my trip in March. Maybe I should jump onto that Wii and see what I can do to get a "bikini bod" for that. Maybe I should pick up that newest Jillian workout for the Wii.

Better go and visit with my girl and take full advantage of the time she is home.

No comments: