Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Is There An End In Sight?


Will the snow ever end? And if it does, we may need a life raft the way it is looking. I am definitely going to need to get everything up off the floor in the basement. In all my days of living here (and that would be all of my life) I have never had standing water, just a pretty good stream that would trickle into the drains. This winter is not looking good for the spring I am afraid. The snow is past the windows right beside the house which doesn't look good if we have a quick thaw. This picture is from a couple of weeks ago after the storm we had while Mike was gone snowmobiling. Oh, yeah, he made it back in one piece. Greeted me at a little after 4 in the a.m. on Friday the 29th by climbing into bed with icy cold feet and a scratchy face. Welcome back precious!!!


In an effort to fight the winter duldrums, we had Amanda over again on Super Bowl Sunday. We made cut-out Valentine cookies and decorated them. Then Amanda went for a snowmobile ride with Mike, she and I played Price is Right on the Wii and then we went to her house to watch the Super Bowl. She was sleeping soundly in a recliner when we left. The snow was already starting to drift when we went to the Chizeks and didn't get any better overnight. The kids have been sitting with no school for the past two days again this week.



Micah celebrated a birthday on Friday. He is getting so old that he doesn't really "celebrate" much. His last year as a carefree teen. I made him a homemade chocolate cake with white frosting per his request. Mike ended up having an ambulance call that night so was away for most of the evening. Can't believe how fast the time goes and how quickly my kids are growing up. Before we know it we will be empty nesters!

We're busy rolling out the St. Patrick's Ham dinner. Mike and I are one of the three couples in charge of it this year. Have gotten most of the tickets handed out as of Sunday. Hopefully it will go smoothly and hopefully we will not have a blizzard on that weekend!!!

I am counting down the days until my nieces and I head out on our beach vacation. We are all tanning and trying to get swimsuit ready. As of today, only 19 more days!!!

I am planning on going to see my little girl on Sunday and staying overnight so I can spend a little bit of time with her. The weather will probably be crappy (it always is when I have planned something big!)but I really want to make it down to see her. I wish she would be a little closer to home. Maybe I had better find her a man in this vicinity!!

Happy Valentines Day to all! XXOO!

No comments: