Friday, February 19, 2010


Can those of you who might be from our Rome clan remember last year? What a time we had! I hope that someday we can return and see it all again plus even more of Italy. We are hoping that this finds all of you well and we'd be glad to hear from you!


In case you're wondering who could be so crazy as to go out and pose in her swim suit in the middle of winter, it is NOT me! This picture is a picture of my mother some 60+ years ago. She thought that she would just give my dad a thrill while he was still away in the service before they were married. She was quite a daring gal in her day! I wonder if she got any frost bite after that photo!





A week from tomorrow these two characters and I will be heading to Chicago so that we can take off early on Sunday, the 28th to go the St. John and spend a week together getting some beach r & r. The niece on the right in the pic was supposed to come up this weekend and plan on what each of us were going to bring and finalize plans, but they are having more "weather" in Des Moines so she chickened out. Believe me, come hell or high water next week, we will be making it to Chicago somehow! They are talking about getting me to go parasailing! I'd better get my burial clothes laid out and plan the songs for the funeral with Brenda just in case!!! LOL! They promised they would get me back in one piece but I guess they never promised a living and breathing one piece! I'm sure we will have a great time and I am greatly looking forward to it. My next post will definitely have pics and stories of our trip.

If any of you see my poor boys during the week I am gone and they look hungry, please feed them. I think that they can only take just so much Hamburger Helper, pizza and chicken strips! I'm going to have to take some time this week to stock up and maybe even break down and bake (and then I'll have to hide it from them so it can last while I am gone!). This weekend I do need to just be brave and try on my swimsuits. I do have a tan so that should take some of the pain out of it! Better go and get a few things done tonight around the house so we can have some fun together as a family this weekend!

No comments: