Sunday, August 8, 2010

What a fun way to end a fun week



I can hardly believe it but there are actual living flowers on our farm. I am known for not having the greenest of thumbs, one might say. This year I thought I would live dangerously and try planting a few perennials. The dogs only smothered two of them and the others are actually blooming or have bloomed. Now we shall see what comes of them next spring! Surely there is a "Gardening for Dummies" book out there somewhere!



Thursday evening brought a pleasant surprise. Gabby called to say that she was coming home for the weekend! So Saturday morning, we took off aimlessly for a day in Mason City. After a brief stop at Kohl's, we decided we would head to the mall as we haven't been to that particular mall in years. We walked in and I asked the standard question of Gabby. "Shall we get your ears pierced today?" This day, I did not get the usual reply of a stern "NO!" She said she was actually considering it. So we hit a couple of stores and Gabby got a facial and makeover at Younkers. When we were done there, I made the offer again. We went into Claire's and she sat in the 'big girl' chair and after much drama, got her ears pierced. I think I'm pretty safe in not worrying about whether she will come back with any other weird piercings. She is deathly afraid of needles and for a minute there, I didn't think we were going to get the earrings done! But she sucked it up and now looks so cute with her earrings.



Today's weather was sooo hot...(How hot was it?!?)! It was so hot that I could not talk Mugsy out of the garage. Not that it was any cooler in there but apparently he thought it was. Once I got him out of there, it was apparently too hot for him to stand up and eat. After I got him out the door, it wasn't difficult to get him up and at 'em. All I had to do was run the water spigot and he was right there and ready to guzzle some water. Now that his tummy was full and his thirst was quenched, he was nice and luvvy, not to mention slobbery! I did find a way to keep Mike at arm's length at least! He gave me my 'Don't touch me until you have washed up and changed your clothes!' response. Guess doggy drool is not much of a turn-on!

Next weekend brings the annual Hobo Convention and I might quite possibly hit the road myself. We'll see what the week brings, a lot can happen between now and then!

No comments: