Work has been kind of ho hum for me anyway. The billers are trying to get AR days, which means they are trying to get claims filed and paid more quickly. There are so many things that are beyond their control but right now they're working on really old accounts in addition to their current ones. This puts them kind of on edge at times but we'll get through, we always do.
Mike went to the game on Wednesday with a bunch of guys while Reed and I stayed home. (Somebody's got to hold down this town!) Reed and I listened to the game on the internet. Unfortunately they were playing the #1 rated team and did not win. The team that beat them did end up being the state champs on Friday, so at least we know we were beat by the champs.
My poor parents are having sewer problems and can't dig to fix the problem until the ground thaws a bit. They can use only one water appliance at a time, they can't use the garbage disposer and the toilet by the kitchen is totally out of commission. They are obviously hoping for an early spring!
This week brought heart surgery for a good friend, Duane Doughan. He had two 100% blockages and one 80%. Thank God, he came through the surgery fine and his family said today at church that they are kicking him out of the hospital possibly on Monday.
Just thought I would get this photo of my husband's new addition to his face. He kind of started this thing just before I got my nose pierce. I think his thinking was that I would put up a fuss and he would use it as leverage so that I would not get my pierce. I think he looks quite distinguished in it. My mother told him he looked evil and that she can't believe I haven't made him shave it off. That does it, he's KEEPING it now!
This week is the beginning of Lent on Wednesday. I am thinking once again that I will be giving up the facebook use again this year. Mike has threatened to just shut all internet usage down. I told him if he did that, I would have to take away his cell phone for Lent. Hopefully that scared him away. We do need to stay off the computer though. Maybe I will be posting pics of all the projects we have gotten done since we aren't surfing the net constantly!
Sunday will be the annual St. Patrick's Ham Dinner. This is Mike and I's last year as organizational committee members. Yippeee! Now we can say we have put in our time and let someone else step up to the plate. Maybe I will even get a joyous job washing silverware or something next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment