Just got home from a fun and eventful weekend. Micah had two concerts in Dubuque this weekend. We headed to Dubuque on Saturday morning and arrived around 1 p.m. I sucked it up and went into Micah's room and we took his loft down as he had to turn it in that afternoon. I also made Micah vacuum and wipe down the dust off the trim and other parts of his room. We got a few things ready to go before heading off to check into the Hotel Julien in downtown Dubuque. It was a very nice room and perhaps Michael and I can stay there again on another trip (I'm sure there will be other trips!). Mike, Reed and I quickly changed and headed to mass at the Church of the Nativity and after that picked up Micah and headed to Mario's for some home cooked Italian food. Once finished, we dropped Micah off to get ready for his concert and had a little time to waste before the concert. This was the first of two concerts Micah had this weekend. It was a Prophetus and included more Latin in one evening than I probably have heard in my life (OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little!). They all really looked sharp in their tuxedos and black concert dresses! We then returned to the hotel where we decided we would just sleep in and be lazy for the morning. Worked for me! Once we all got up and showered we called Micah and picked him up and ate brunch at Perkins. The Perkins in Dubuque is always one busy place but had enough to satisfy and hold us over until evening.
After brunch, we proceeded to go back to Micah's dorm room and load up that which he did not need to live for the rest of this week. He has two semester tests this week and will stay there for concert choir performance for Loras' baccalaureate and commencement and then will head home. Much to Micah's surprise, Gabby decided to head to Dubuque to attend his afternoon concert. The men's choir, Con Brio or 'with fervor' performed a medley of songs from The Temptations. We also got to listen to the Loras college jazz band and concert band. It was a really good concert. They were supposed to have it on the lawn but due to the lawn being so damp and the wind being so strong it was moved to the field house. After the concert, we all headed (in three separate vehicles!) to the Olive Garden and ate supper before going our separate ways once again. It was nice to sit and eat and talk together and catch up on everyone's lives.
Now to plunge ahead with the busy week leading up to Reed's graduation. Where do I begin?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment