

Wow what a week for royalty! The much-hyped and very gorgeous and regal wedding of Prince William and Princess Kate had the whole world abuzz on Friday. Her dress was absolutely stunning and elegant.
Saturday came and I went in to the library to make a Mother's Day card craft as a fund raiser for Relay for Life. I am not really all that creative in that department but I can follow directions and copy a pattern. I can't believe how many gadgets there are for making cards and scrapbooking. I kind of felt like I was back in bible school making crafts with all the scissors, paper and glue products. Luckily I only had to do that for 2 hours...don't think I could have watched grown women get all excited over the color yellow for much longer than that!
During lunch, we pried out of Reed that he was going to walk the red carpet in the grand march at prom AND that he was a king candidate for the prom. (Just when do you think he was going to tell us that!?! Mike and I were thinking about going to a movie that night!) So, afternoon came and he got all spiffed up in his tux and went to Duncan for Saturday night mass. We met him at the Red Rooster for supper and then to show Grandma and Grandpa his fancy tux. This was followed by the Grand March and at the end of the evening, they presented the royal court and ..... Reed was announced as King along with Haleigh Jackson as his queen. He was so excited and everyone was so happy for him.
Today was a big day in the parishes of Hancock County -- First Communion. We had First Communion in Britt as well as May crowning. Following Britt's mass, Mike and I traveled to Garner to attend Jake's First Communion. Fr. Miller didn't modify his homily much for us so we got to listen to pretty much the same thing twice. He interacted with the kids in each mass so at least that interaction was different. All the kids did such a good job. It seems like it's been so long since my kids' big day!
While visiting with families at St. Pat's after mass, I had to snap this photo of Marie Brcka taking care of Ava Horstman while her parents took pictures of Annie's First Communion happenings. This sight was just too precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment