The weather finally turned around this week and Mike started and finished planting his corn. He looks to possibly plant the beans later this week. Reed mowed the lawn in increments as it dried out. It finally looks as if spring has sprung around here.
On Saturday, I went in to my mom's and gave her a Mother's Day gift -- I washed her windows. They were really in need and there is no way she or Dad can get out there to do it. After I was through they looked 100% better. Jamie and her kids were there and my sister-in-law, Janet. Mom asked me what I was going to have for dinner and I said that chicken sounded good. When I came inside, she told me I was staying for dinner and we were all eating chicken. She had called up to the Heartland Diner and ordered broasted chicken and fries, Jamie went up to pick it up and it was yummy!
After lunch, I came home and washed my own windows. With all the corn dust from when the Hiscocks hauled grain, my kitchen windows were almost pink on the outside! They really look better. It was nice to get outside and get some fresh air along with a feeling of accomplishment.
After church we went to our typical Hardees breakfast and then to the grocery store so that Reed could get his fixins for Snickers salad to take to the "Kick the Seniors to the Curb" supper tonight. After we got home and finished his salad, Mike and I went to Mason City to get fabric for Reed's t-shirt quilt which I have yet to start. I WILL get that done this week!!!
My Mother's Day gift was a pair of lighted reading specs as per the pic. They are kind of neat, I must say!
This week I look forward to Gabby coming home for a day, hopefully getting the last of the graduation plans finished, getting the quilt done in between the job and house. Hopefully I can remain afloat in all of this!
No comments:
Post a Comment