Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Beginnings

A week later and here I am -- still tired. I recovered from the jet lag but then got sick so I did spend some time home from work this week resting. Just as I get caught up we have to go and turn those clocks forward. It seems I just can't get win for losing!

Now that I have my Rome adventure under my belt, I am off and ready to start another adventure. Tomorrow begins the remodel of my kitchen and, well, entire south portion of our house. It is exciting when I think about it as I have been planning it all on paper and in my mind for a long time. Change doesn't come easy, especially since this house is the house that I grew up in. I learned long ago that I have to just go ahead and make this house my own home and quit worrying about what my parents and siblings will say if I change it. Mike is not quite sure if the timing is right but I keep telling him we have to start stimulating that economy!

Next weekend is the big St. Pat's ham dinner (since I am helping to "head" it up I'd better get my promo in). Also my daughter, Gabby will be coming home for a few days as she will be on break. I can't wait -- there is just way too much testosterone in this house -- it's so nice to have another gal around!

Got to see my (oh, this makes me sound old!) great-nephew, John Andrew this weekend. He is very precious and was born on Micah's birthday so of course that makes him extra special to Micah!

I had better go and get the last of the "stuff" put away before I go to bed as the carpenters will be here at 7:30 a.m.

God bless!

No comments: