Wow! What a busy week and I am soooo glad it's over! I don't show anything going on on my calendar but of course that is always subject to change. We got through my daughter's b-day, son's doctor's appt., St. Patrick's mass and refreshments with last minute music adjustments (I had to become the Irish tenor at the last minute!) and our presentation to the 10-12th grades in Faith Formation on Wednesday. I made it thru to Saturday when two of my nieces who are like sisters to me and one of my sisters had a girls weekend in Des Moines. We had great weather and a fun time. We went to the comedy "Girls Only" as you can see by the picture and finished out the night at the Grand Piano Bistro in downtown Des Moines. Ate awesome food all weekend long (I just got my Rome lbs. off -- I guess now I'll have to work on those darn Des Moines lbs. now!)
As you can see they are making some progress on the kitchen. The corner windows and dining room windows are now in. Mike picked up a bunch of stuff from Menards this weekend so now they will have more materials to work with (if the weather cooperates!). We had a little surprise this morning when they got here though. We had a couple of little leaky spots from the roof. Not something they wanted to see but I guess it is better to see it now and get it fixed before it comes through the ceiling later! Hopefully I can get the flooring picked out and ordered this week along with the appliances and bathroom fixtures.
Well I had better get supper on the table before Micah wastes away!
No comments:
Post a Comment