Long time, no update! Life's been a little crazy but it doesn't look like this week will get any less crazy. I have a CDA meeting Monday night, my son, Reed, gets to go to see the Harlem Globetrotters on Tuesday night, Wednesday night I practice for an audition for a music scholarship with a family friend and then follow that by playing for the closing mass for Faith Formation. Thursday is of course Holy Thursday and will participate in the choir that evening. Friday is the audition itself in the afternoon. Throw in a bake sale on Wednesday for which I cannot bake as my kitchen is non-existent. My dream is to be able to just enjoy Holy Week and have no obligations for it -- just soak in all the meaning and beauty of the season. Perhaps in my retirement!
As you can see in the pictures I now have a dining room ceiling! The plastic in the other picture will come down this week as walls will go up for the kitchen and pantry and that will be the last time we will be able to walk thru our old kitchen the way it has been since the house was built 60 some years ago. The other picture is of my "baby" as it looks on the weekends and evenings during construction. During the day it is all closed and covered. I will be so glad when I can just walk up to it and sit down and play again.
We have been busy getting flooring, appliances, lighting, etc. picked out and in the process loosening Mike's purse strings. It is amazing what he is willing to spend money on and what he holds back on. I guess life would be boring if I actually had him figured out!
I hope you all have a blessed Holy week and Easter Triduum.
No comments:
Post a Comment