Sunday, March 15, 2009

To Dust We Are Returning





After a very successful St. Pat's Ham Dinner today, I am exhausted. I am just sooo happy that I do not have to go to work for the next two days! I took them off as my daughter is home from college. Tomorrow is her 22nd birthday and as you can see by the pic, we have all aged just a little. If any of you have been to church at St. Patricks in Clear Lake you might recognize the priest that is holding Gabby. He is Father Tilp and he is the priest who baptized her in Ames when we lived there. There is a blast from the past!

The other pics show our kitchen remodel. I took a picture of the layers of flooring that have been revealed in our old kitchen. I have lived in this house all of my life and I don't remember all of them! Hey sisters -- do these bring back any memories for you? Our remodel is coming along but I wish I would have been better prepared for it than I was. We are still waiting on a few things to come in and I suppose next week I will need to start staining and varnishing trim. I might just break down and hire it done but I am kind of picky about how it gets done -- one of those old "If you want something done right you have to do it yourself" people.

Gabby and I are planning on shopping tomorrow and we have some appointments and committments for Tuesday. Wednesday Micah and I will be giving a presentation on our Rome trip to the Youth Ministry kids at church. I'm sure it will go just fine. It will be interesting to see how teens have changed since Mike and I taught Youth Ministry in the late '90s.

Hopefully the kitchen pictures next week will have windows, cupboards and maybe even some lights if I can get those picked out! We'll see what this week brings.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Very nice job with The Witness article, Kristi...it's posted on our church bulletin board. Awesome ham dinner at Saint Pat's last Sunday, too, btw...kudos to all involved!