What an eventful week! The kitchen is really coming together. Last weekend I primed and painted the laundry room and worked like a fool so that on Wednesday they moved my washer and dryer upstairs and I got to do my first load of laundry upstairs. May not sound thrilling to all but to those who have ever or are still doing laundry in the basement you know how exciting that is! The appliances are now delivered and the fridge and ovens are operable. We are waiting for the counter to install the range top and dishwasher. Hopefully this week we can get the pantry done and I can be organizing the pantry soon. We found someone to stain the trim and doors so that is a load off of my mind. We'll see what this week brings.
My baby got his driver's license on Thursday. Now he is wanting to do all kinds of errands for us. He came to pick me up from work on Friday and also took cans back on Saturday. He has worked very hard for this but it is still very difficult to let go and give him a little freedom.
A loud noise as we were sleeping early Saturday morning gave Mike and I a bit of a start. He jumped out of bed and got dressed to run out to see what was going on outside. It was a little after 2 a.m. (bars are now closed) and someone was trying to sneak home to Kanawha and take the back roads when they crashed into our mail box, completely taking it out. He then got himself into the ditch on the opposite side of the road and was hopelessly spinning himself in deeper. So now we have to remodel the mailbox as well. It wasn't even the county's fault. I have to say my pretty mailbox lasted way longer than my mom ever expected it to. Oh well, change is good!
Have a few graduation parties yet today (went to 5 yesterday!) Next year we will be hosting one so I had better enjoy it while it lasts!
No comments:
Post a Comment