Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Very Pleasant Week


y

We took a leisurely drive to Audobon on Saturday to attend my cousin, Nick Smith's, benefit. He had an accident in February and is now left with limited mobility from the waist down. The benefit was great and am anxiously waiting to hear how much they raised. We took my dad with us as he really wanted to go and see Nick and his farm and family. I think he really enjoyed himself, especially looking at the crops in southern Iowa and all the rolling hills. It is quite a change for us here in the north land. The corn seems to be ahead of our crop as it is fully tasseled and some is already throwing silks. We got to visit with Kenny and Nancy's kids which was nice as I really don't get to see them much any more. The pics above are of Nick at the benefit and the other is of his siblings, Natalie, Nanette and Nate. We had to leave before the live auction and Mike left bidding instructions with Natalie's husband, Doug, but we haven't heard yet if he was successful or not.

Gabby is coming home today and will get to stay until Tuesday. Maybe we will go and get the puppy so she can spoil him a little before she goes home. She also requested homemade ice cream so Reed and Mike will be starting that soon. I am sure she will have a little laundry for me to do as well.

I am taking a Wednesday off again this week. I have worked two full weeks in a row and it is dang near killing me! I think I will taper down to a Wednesday every other week for a while. Mike has also talked about going to the State Fair in August and maybe staying overnight in Des Moines and doing something else for a mini vacation. Whatever he wants, I'm game! I would just enjoy getting the heck out of Dodge as they say!

Hopefully we will warm a little outside this week but still have pleasant weather for the county fair. Till next week ---

No comments: