


With the kitchen near enough to completion that we are utilizing it fully now, we entertained the Smith family for the 4th of July. We had grilled porkburgers, brats and hot dogs and everyone brought enough food to feed a small army. My nephew-in-law, Chris, provided the firework entertainment for the evening and we all had a good time. The kids got to ride the four-wheeler and Mike even let the older ones drive it while they were on with him. We also had Chris' parents, Elaine and Carl, up from Van Meter and it was good to see them again.
The plumbing supply store is saying that this week the sink should be in so hopefully the carpenters can come back later this week or early next week to finish everything. (Will I really ever be able to say that it is totally finished?) I am not holding my breath on this one. That is their story though and they're sticking to it!
Hopefully soon I can find the time to entertain some friends for a few casual gatherings. I can't believe it is July already. I got on the school website and printed off the school calendar for next year. I'd better start getting ready for Micah's graduation now! Before you know it, it will be here. Time flies so quickly.
It is getting more difficult to write every week these days. It seems I am so busy but when I sit and think about it I can't recall all that I have actually done!
No comments:
Post a Comment