
Did tons of closet cleaning on Saturday as the church is having a garage sale to raise money for the youth to go to NCYC next year. I have 3, count 'em, 3 walk-in closets upstairs. I went through two of them and got rid of old holiday decorations and just "stuff" in general that I am very confident I am never going to use again. Had the boys give a quick "go-through" of their clothes. In the process of course you have to go thru and reminisce while going through boxes. I found my little "B" from when I was a mascot in the first grade. I was THE luckiest girl in the world. (I really think the cheerleaders all missed me as my sister graduated the year before and I was no longer at cheerleading practice with them all the time!). I was the envy of all the little girls and the boys also thought it was pretty cool too. I did eventually get to have a bit "B" with a megaphone and my name on it as I got older so it was all worth it.

This week is a toughy for Fr. Huber. He has four funerals, one each day from Tuesday thru Friday, and Fr. Dellaert has gone AWOL. To top it all off, Sunday is confirmation in two of our parishes and he will have four masses on Sunday. Even I can't wait to get this weekend over with and all I have to do is play music! Keep him in your prayers!
Mike SAYS he is going to start planting in the morning. He has had a couple of setbacks with repairs but he doesn't seem to be too excited as it is still pretty early. If you know Mike, you know he just doesn't get too worked up about anything.
I received a phone call last Wednesday from Mike stating that "YOUR dog has gotten sprayed by a skunk!" It's just like kids...when they have dirty pants, they're my kids, etc... I just told him not to let him in the garage! He wasn't too bad by the time I got home and I am the one with the sensitive nose.

It's my sister, Deb's, birthday today. I'll be kind and won't say how old but it is a LOT older than me! I see she also shares her birthday with Hitler...kind of explains a lot now! Only kidding!?!! She of course if NOT the baby in the picture so that could tell something about how much a LOT is!
Better start winding down for sleep now. I am planning on going to tomorrow's funeral as Swatty was a dear fella.
No comments:
Post a Comment