Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wild Weekend

What a busy weekend it has been and the schedule for next week doesn't look a lot easier. I did get the graduation invites ordered and they should be arriving Monday or Tuesday so that will be a project this week. I think I have nailed Micah down as to what he would like to eat at his party so a little progress is being made there.



We lost a loved one this week to cancer. My dad's cousin, Ron Moe, who was one of the Minnesota Norwegian cousins to visit my home last September, passed away of brain cancer. He had only 7 weeks after his diagnosis and that was probably a blessing for him. It is just hard to believe as it seems like yesterday we were all together around my kitchen table and as he left he exclaimed how much fun he had and that we should do it all again soon. I'm glad we had the opportunity to spend that time together that we did. It really makes you realize that you have to appreciate every moment you have here on this earth. We took my parents up to the visitation in Austin, Minnesota this afternoon. My dad is having some skin cancer removed from his face tomorrow and that is when the funeral is so we did the next best thing. They got to get out and see the world outside of Britt and also saw some of the other cousins again. Mom did not even sleep during the entire trip there or back. Usually she is out like a light when we get a couple blocks away from her house. I can tell she doesn't get out much as everything is 'new' to her. All of the stores and updates to different places are what she notices most and we see them so many times we think nothing of them. She 'made' Mike stop in Clear Lake for ice cream on the way home. Didn't take much arm twisting there!

According to today's newspaper, we have another loss. Verlin Ball passed away yesterday. Mike and I rented a house from him when we first moved back to Britt, before we moved to my home place where we live now. He was a very dear man and I know his family will miss him.



We received some disturbing news at mass this morning. It seems that not only are we losing Fr. Dellaert (which I was preparing myself for) but they have also decided to move Fr. Huber as well. This has left us stunned and me very sad. Now my family as pictured will deplete by three this summer/fall. I will be losing both the priests and one of my sons. My little girl has already left and I have adjusted to that (that's not to say I don't miss her!)and I suppose in time I will adjust to being without both Fr. Dellaert and Fr. Huber and having one less son to "take care" of his dear mother. As Mike said, "You still have me!" It's good to have at least one consistent person in my life! Things are not all bad as one of the incoming priests is a Cyclone fan! I am really going to miss those big guys though, I have to admit.

Looks like this week we will be fitting in another funeral visitation, an eye exam and a haircut and who knows what else life will throw out at me. Maybe I will even get more of this graduation party stuff planned. I suppose I should start to practice music for confirmation and first communion/May crowning as they are sneaking up on me pretty fast. I probably should get to work on addresses so that when those invites come in we can get them out the door! TTFN!

No comments: