All of us (the two fathers, Brenda, Sheryl and myself) survived regular mass as well as confirmation on Sunday. Brenda started sweating bullets when John Weishaar was called away in the beginning of morning mass (he is an undertaker and there was a death). We were hoping he would show up in the afternoon as we had no 'plan B'. As it turned out, he made it and all went well. We played one of Fr. Huber's favorite songs (NOT) for closing -- 'We Are Called'. I just told him that we all have to endure things we don't like so he just needs to suck it up.
This is kind of how I felt by Sunday evening. Actually, this is how Mugsy likes to sleep. Doesn't look too comfy to me but he sure enjoys it.
Micah had his last concert of his high school career. They performed very well and I just had to get a picture of Micah and his vocal music instructor, Alex Verburg. He is such a talent! West Hancock is so fortunate to have him.
Here they are, the West Hancock Mixed Chorus in action. They have large group contest a week from Saturday at Garner. Good luck kids!
Mowed the lawn for the first time this season. Reed actually mowed it last week but I used the "good" mower, the Exmark, on it tonight. Still haven't gotten through all of it as there are some wet spots. Just wanted to get it mowed before we receive any more rain. Came upon a couple of chains people used to try to get themselves out of the ditch and just apparently left in the snow bank after. (No, Michael, I did not mow over them!) Also a couple of plastic bags, a couple of boards and a towel...oh, and plenty of dog poo! I did not bother to pick all of that up!
Got the invitations out in the mail and am working on some pics and things for the party. I just think I might survive this graduation yet...only to turn around and do it all again next year -- one last time.
Well, I'd better turn in as I am exhausted and it's only Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment