Well one week from now, Micah will be a high school graduate and the party will be winding down and I will commence to begin celebrating!!! A lot has been accomplished this weekend but there is still much to be done. Got a bunch of mowing done, the garage is straightened up and shop-vac was taken to it, the tee-shirt quilt is done (my mom opened her big mouth and offered to help in any way -- she's 82, I'm not going to ask her to wash my windows! So I put her on the task of slapping the back to the top and binding the quilt. She will probably think twice before asking next year at Reed's graduation!). Mike even managed to half way finish the rest of the landscaping that he started at Gabby's graduation four years ago. I am hesitating to think that he will have it totally finished by next week -- don't want to get my hopes up too high!
Micah went with me this afternoon to Mason City to get the last of the supplies needed (or at least I think that's the last of the supplies I need!). He was a great sport and went in to Younkers with me and was patient enough to sit and wait while I tried on some clothes. I did have to come out and find him to zip my zipper the rest of the way for one of the outfits. As if it wasn't bad enough for him to be sitting in the women's department outside the fitting room but he also had to zip his mom's dress and probably saw part of my back, eee-gads! He was a good sport about the whole thing though.
We got most of the supplies in our favorite store, Walmart! I just hate going into that store but I have managed to find the one perfect time to go there -- when the Hawkeyes are playing on TV. All the rednecks are home watching the Hawkeyes on that "picture box" in their double wide trailers! Walmart is virtually empty at that time. Just a few Hispanics and a couple of foreign doctors from the hospital are there with their families. I can manage that.
I'm taking a couple of days off to wrap things up before the big push this weekend. Wish me luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment