Sunday, May 9, 2010

OMG -- 2 Weeks Left!!


Happy Mother's Day to all Moms who follow this. I got a call from my Mom this afternoon saying that I was to come in "immediately" and play cards. This is not an unusual request, especially on a weekend such as this. So we kind of stopped what we were doing and headed to the folks' with my mom's Mother's Day gift. We walked in the house and I handed her the card and gift literally on a silver platter (I had borrowed her silver platter last week!). It took me a few seconds to notice that, TA DA! Gabby was sitting at the table. I had just talked to her on the phone. Apparently she was on the drive down and not in Cedar Rapids as I had thought. When I called her earlier and there was no answer, I innocently assumed she was in church but noooo. (She did however go to mass earler as she does have the bulletin to prove it!) So she came home for a quick visit and we played some cards at my moms and are now at home waiting for pizza and a movie with my nephew Dan.


We went to Paul and Evelyn Grandgenett's 50th anniversary celebration last night. They are Mike's aunt and uncle on his mom's side. Joe and Dawn and Jeff came down from Rochester, MN and John and Becky and Mike and I all represented the Hejlik family. Was a very good meal and nice to see some of those relatives we don't see too often. John was their ring bearer 50 years ago (man he must be really old!) Here's Jeff surrounded by beautiful women -- and he was afraid he wouldn't find a friend at the party!


My nephew, Justin, got up on my mom and dad's roof and scooped up the "crud" that has collected up there. They have a roof with rocks and just a slight pitch and crap from the trees collects up there and just looks awful. He and Mike got a couple garbage bags full of "crud" off the roof and Justin cleaned the gutters as well. I think I need to get him to my house and put him to work here.

Mike and the boys got a good start in the basement today but have a ways to go to get it cleaned out. I got out some pictures today and am trying to get the display stuff ready for Micah's party. This is his last full week of high school. I have less than two weeks to get everything lined up for the big party. If I can just get rid of this cold and feel 'human' again it would help greatly. Wish me luck, say a prayer, do whatever you think can help me!!!

No comments: