Friday, January 7, 2011

Another Blizzard

Well, here we go again. At least I am sitting safe and sound in my nice warm home during all the snow and wind. It's been kind of snowing all day but the snow got heavier and wind started picking up around noon. Luckily Mike drove me to work today and so he came and picked me up and got me safely home. Was nice to get in the door but the age old question of "What's for supper?" is always looming no matter what the weather. Luckily I had just gotten some groceries last night so I made taco meat for tacos and nachos. Yummy!

Mike and I started a resolution together this week. We started getting up at 5:30 a.m. and going into the hospital and walking for half an hour. We change it up and run the stairs twice, doing three sets of that during the time we walk. We would have started Monday, but he had a load out of hogs at 5:45 a.m. I'm so used to walking by myself when I walk outside here at home that it's kind of wierd. I feel like I have to keep him entertained all the time with talking. Kathy Gabrielson tells me that after three weeks it will become a habit...let's hope I can keep him doing this for three weeks! He's not exactly a morning person!

Micah is just a little bored during this long month off school. He can only watch so much tv and I am already starting to not find things in the kitchen that he has put away from the dishwasher. I am thinking maybe he will be doing a J-term next year!

Finally got the tree and all the decorations taken down this week. After I put everything I had up away, I ended up with 4 empty totes as I got rid of a lot of decorations that I was sick of. I'm sure I'll find a good use for those totes. My project for the year is to organize all my photos. Kathy Gabrielson is joining me in this as she just has her photos all in a box and kind of all over. She said her girls would kill her if they saw that mess!



Mike's project for the year is to get rid of this warning sign on his closet. He says he wants to get hes stuff more organized and clear the clutter. I've gotta tell you, that kind of talk really turns me on!!! We'll see how he does with this one. I'll keep you posted on our progress on these resolutions.

No comments: