Sunday, January 30, 2011

Settled back in to an actual full week of work again. I quickly got back into the groove of things, the weather got a little warmer and the week went by without incident.

Mike surprised me by giving me a call at work on Friday and asking me out on a date. We decided to go to dinner and a movie. We stopped at Bennigan's and had Southwest egg rolls, baked potato soup and Monte Cristo pub bites. We decided to go to "The Rite". It was described as a horror film which I do not care for, but the premise seemed intriguing and we were a little intrigued as to whether or not Hollywood would cut the Catholic church any slack with this one. When discussing this with Fr. Huber, he did bring up the point that when something really bad happens (in this case, demonic possession), why is it always the Catholic church they always call. Any other time all most people can do is bad mouth the Church. Why don't they call the Lutherans or Presbyterians...or just send in the clowns for that matter? Anyway...the movie was very good and Mike and I really enjoyed seeing all the sites of Rome in the background. Really makes us want to go back!

Micah was really getting excited about going to back to college. I found out Friday that he actually had a countdown going. While I was at work on Friday, he did his laundry and got his packing started. He has his books bought and they should be there waiting for him at the bookstore when he gets there. He left home shortly after 1 but was going to stop in and say his good-byes to Grandma and Grandpa before he left. It looks like I may have lost him for good -- home just isn't the same comfort he thought it was going to be. I guess it is nice to come home for just a small periods of time. I am hoping he can find a job for the summer or it will be a very long 3 months!

Monday will be a busy day at work as we will be entering charges like crazy for the end of the month. We will also be minus one co-worker. Kim Hillenga's father-in-law, Ed, will be having double bypass heart surgery that day. Hopefully everything will go well for him.

Wednesday we will be having a Relay for Life fundraiser at work. We will be having a Souper Bowl lunch and bars and the opportunity to wear jeans to work if we pay $$. Looks like I will be baking some bars on Tuesday night for that. It also appears that I will be playing cards on Wednesday night as it is that time for card club again. From there, my week looks clear. Hopefully this week's weather will be clear as well!

No comments: