Well, survived the two day clear liquid diet and colonoscopy prep! In case any of you ever need to lose a quick 5 lbs., just give me a call and I will give you the directions but it's not a quick fix I would recommend. I'll stick to eating smarter rand exercise! Got up at 3 a.m. to drink the final 32 oz. of the Gatorade concoction and got a few more winks before the alarm went off at 6 so that I could shower and be in at the hospital at 7. Everything went fine and Dr. Ahari did remove a tiny polyp but he still gave the clearance to repeat the procedure in 5 years instead of 3. I will find out next week for sure if everything is clear or not but he was not concerned. Micah and I used our two free meal passes and had breakfast at the hospital cafeteria. I am on soft foods today since they did a biopsy but that is a step up from clear liquids! If I had to drink one more sweet drink I was going to vomit. I was about ready to lick potato chips last night! We had garlic mashed potatoes for lunch (I'm sure the guys had some other things with that). Yumm! Now I am resting comfortably and vegging out on the couch and doing a little laundry in between naps. This is the life!
Also of note, Karen (Gabrielson) Solien delivered her baby yesterday. This little bundle of joy was a surprise to them but a joyous one. Henry Christopher weighed in at 8 lbs. 7 oz., 20.5 inches long. I am so happy for Karen and her family. This poor little boy will be surrounded by two sisters and four girl cousins all living in Britt. Neil and Kathy now have four grandsons and 12 granddaughters. Congrats to all!
We are planning on going 'south' tomorrow for a few days...to Cedar Rapids. We will be picking up Gabby in Cedar Falls and heading off to see my sister in Swisher. At some point we hope to meet up with Fr. Dellaert either Friday night or Saturday sometime. After all our visiting we will head home and try to be home sometime Saturday night. Sounds like a quick trip, but haven't seen Cyndi since Thanksgiving and they recently returned from Turks and Caicos where their daughter, Angela, was married. Can't wait to hear all the scoop!
I'd better rest up and make sure I have some clean clothes for our little road trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment