Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another week goes by but not much real excitement here. The biggest news is that my daughter, Gabby, has decided not to accept the job offer in Texas. It turned out that the living conditions were not exactly par (she would have had to share a house with some man) and the pay was roughtly the same as she makes here but she would be working more hours for the same pay as she gets here. I know she is kind of disappointed as it would be exciting to move and to go to another world as it would seem. We encourage her to keep looking and wait for the right job to come along and for right now keep on working at what you are doing and save up some money. You just never know what lies around the bend.

I think those billers are starting to catch on to their new routine of getting new claims to file every day. One of them took a week off last week and it will be interesting to see how it is for her to catch up on a week's worth of claims plus all of the messages and other daily work. Ruth is an co-worker with excellent organizational skills and Thursday and Friday she seemed a bit overwhelmed by all of it. I too know how that feels as we both seem to like to have our work under control and all our ducks in a row. Sometimes we just have to laugh as we all learn the new system and we get a little silly by the end of the week!

My other co-worker, Kim, is on vacation all week so I will be doing two jobs all week. The only part of her job that I really hate is the pulling over of the charges from the lab, radiology and pharmacy. The radiology charges and pharmacy charges seem to go very smoothly but there is just something about that lab department. Oh well, I'll just take it all one day at a time and get through it the best I can. I'm sure if I need help, I just need to yell and the billers will give a hand.

Reed has only two weeks left of his work evaluation at Opportunity Village. I think he is going to get bored afterwards but lately his dad and Dan Chizek could sure use him for jobs during the day. He is a hard worker for sure, he just needs to be told what needs to be done and he's doing it. He had a little bit of a tire situation with the car last week and had to get a tire repaired before coming home. Luckily, Glen's Tire is right on the corner so help was not far away.

Micah is getting restless and actually told me that he misses the Loras food. Hmmph! I try to leave lists for things that he can accomplish for me while I am at work but it's hard to come up with things because I'm one of those people who likes things done "just so".

We are in the midst of the planning stages of our vacation. We are planning on going to Boston and received our tickets to Fenway Park this week. I think the boys are looking forward to it and Micah has been busy surfing the net and making a tentative schedule of all the things we should see and do. There is so much to be done before then...I will definitely NEED the vacation!


The tickets weren't all I received in the mail this week. I ordered a few tees for the family that kind of made me laugh. I did have to order this Baby Ga Ga shirt for myself. It kind of makes me chuckle. Reed got a shirt that says, "I Was Not Aware That The Bird is the Word" in honor of a Family Guy episode where Peter plays that record non-stop and drives the family crazy. Micah got a pirate crossword where the words in the crossword puzzle are 'yarrrr' and 'arrrr' and such.

Mike didn't appreciate his as much. I don't know why! I think it's a riot! I got one for Gabby too but won't reveal hers as I want to give it to her in person so she can be surprised!

Brenda and I made it through yet another summer Sunday mass in Ordinary time with awful song suggestions and half the choir on vacation. She had her sister, Melinda, cantor for the first time and she did quite a good job! Hopefully we will hear more from her! I have yet to meet Fr. Lippstock, probably next week he will be in the Hancock county parishes.

Now to finish resting up on this day of rest so that a week of what sounds like extreme heat can be tackled.

No comments: