Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Nose on the Mend
Well, the stitches have been out for a week and the nose is looking a little better. I just have one little scab left to fall off but am patiently waiting for that. It itches like crazy, but I think that's a good sign.
We made it through the end of the fiscal year at work and now we have to get the changes made to make it necessary to begin the new fiscal year. Today I caught up on the deposits that I was unable to do until month-end work was complete. Steph worked her nimble fingers and got half of the chargemaster for the clinics changed. Tomorrow I will hopefully get the rest of the chargemaster changed and enter the remainder of the charges that are waiting for me in my box. Meanwhile, the billers keep plugging away on their claims that they now receive on a daily basis. They are still getting used to the system and working on tweaking their new daily routines. We have all been so busy that we were really looking forward to that three day weekend!
I didn't do much in the way of fun this weekend. On Saturday, Gina Francis and I got the flowers ready for weekend mass in the a.m. I mainly puttered around the house in the afternoon. The rest of the weekend was just pretty typical. Monday afternoon I mowed the lawn and got a little pink (I know, I know, you think I'd learn by now!). We then headed to Wesley to meet up with the Smiths, Chizeks and Hansens to watch the fireworks there. They got us a wicked close up space to watch. We kind of needed recliners and fire extinguishers but they were fun.
Tuesday brings the back to the old grind which seems more difficult after a three day weekend even though I have to work one less day. I went in tonight to fill my dad's pill box since my sister is officially in Alaska now. The folks both seemed pretty good tonight. My dad has been a little blue according to my mom. Tomorrow marks the 50th anniversary of his dad's death. He died of a heart attack in the middle of the field in my dad's arms. It is one of those things that gets etched into his brain and he remembers it all like it just happened yesterday. They got a new planter at the Flower Cart and had it delivered to the cemetery since Dad can't really carry that kind of thing on his own. After leaving the folks' I went out to the cemetery to see it and ended up going to see the grave sites of a couple of my great aunts and of course my brother. It's funny all the memories that get triggered when one drives or walks through the cemetery and sees the names of people who have passed away that you haven't thought about for a long time. There were people who were neighbors and people who had gone to church with our family growing up and there were just those people that were such characters that you can't help but smile when you read their names.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment