Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Look Ma! No Stitches!


Here it is, post op day 6. Had an appointment to see Dr. Jalukar and the sutures were removed. He was quite pleased with the healing that has taken place so far and told me I have done a good job taking care of the wound site. The pinkness is a good sign, a sign that there is blood flow there. In a couple of weeks I am to start massaging the nose to get the blood flowing more and the tissue to fall into place where it should go. He also said to give it 6 months to fully heal to decide whether or not I want him to do touch up surgery. He said he has only had 2 people take him up on it -- most excisions heal up quite nicely apparently. My nose is kind of itchy, but now at least I can wash it and am to keep it lubed up while it heals.

Work is kind of driving me crazy. The billers are trying to learn a new system and I they kind of like a combination of children and men -- wait, there's not much difference between the two! Anyway, they are constantly coming to me and asking me how they are supposed to do this or that. Finally, I ask them if they bothered to read their training manual to get their questions answered before they come running to me...of course not! In the meantime I am trying to get charges and payments entered before the end of the fiscal year...June 30th. Hopefully they will get in the groove pretty soon or I might bite somebody's head off pretty soon!

Just got back from "learning" to fill Dad's pill box since my sister, Deb, is going to Alaska for a week. Gee, I'm so glad somebody watched me do that one cuz I knowed I wood screw it up, duuuhhh! My sister is such a Debbie Downer...she sits there and watches Dad out the window, saying he will probably have to go into the hospital while she is gone, she just knows it. He is going into congestive heart failure, she can just tell. He is breathing through his mouth...that's a sure sign. WHATEVER!!! I'm thinking he just might be getting older and tired and it was 8:30 at night and of course he's moving a little slower...it goes along with being 85! Oh well, we'll find some way to survive without Deb I'm sure.

etting kind of tired so I will take MY medicine and head off to bed!

1 comment:

B Smith and family said...

I've been thinking about you all day wondering how the stitches removal went. Wow...the picture shows it all! That is amazing how fast it is healing!! Have a good night.