I got back into the routine of work, home and church activities. I also had a punch biopsy done the last Wednesday of May. It was on the tip of my nose which I wasn't looking forward to having done. I got through the local anesthetic okey-dokey, I closed my eyes and sat through the procedure until Dr. Jalukar started to joke around about maybe leaving the length on the sutures so my husband could drag me around by the nose. At that point, I started to get very warm and they laid me back and put cold paper towels on my forehead. That was kind of embarassing since I worked with everyone in the room (except for Dr. Jalukar). Oh well, that just happens. I am still waiting to hear the results. Dr. Jalukar called and I called him but we just keep missing each other. Hopefully it is just an actinic keratosis, that's just what I keep thinking to myself. Bonnie Wilhite took the stitch out last Tuesday and it looks pretty good now.
On Tuesday night I went to Des Moines after work and stayed at the Andreasen's overnight. Bobby and I went to Kansas City on Wednesday to see the Diana: A Celebration exhibit. It was a really good exhibit with tiaras, wedding dresses, childhood memorabilia of Diana's and dresses and evening gowns. It was a really girly day. On my way home from Des Moines, I stopped in at Ames as I was parched. I thought, heck -- I'll just go drive around campus for a while. I did just that and parked by Lake Laverne to see my favorite swans and walk around the lake. I texted Fr. Miller and Mike so they would be green with envy when they heard where I was. Mike did call with some less than happy news -- my late Uncle John's friend, Evelyn passed away. They were so close and Evelyn took such good care of my uncle when he was sick. Evelyn once told me that if it hadn't been for Johnny she would have died soon after her husband died. He helped her sober up and showed her that there was something to live for and she was so grateful to him for that. Our family grew very close to her and she will be missed, especially by my mother.
Last Saturday, we took a road trip to Mankato -- just because. We took the truck as I mentioned to Mike that I would like to plant a few trees this year. We ate at -- where else -- the Olive Garden. Micah wanted to go to Barnes Noble as he had a gift card he needed to use. I went into Scheel's and picked up some dog toys and some big people toys and some clothes off the clearance rack. We then headed to the Dress Barn (I guess I headed there!). We wound up the trip at Lowe's and bought 3 maple trees. After a week of weather that was too rainy or too windy weather, we planted those trees today. When we were planting them I said that we need to remember that we planted these trees the year Reed graduated. I equated it with the year we lose our three kids from the nest and replace them with trees. Now once those trees are raised, Mike and I will probably be leaving the nest! Something tells me that these trees could be a little easier and cheaper to raise than the kids though.
While the guys planted the trees, Mugsy and I laid in the shade under the trampoline. The boys pointed out that his birthday was June 4th which makes him two whole years old. I hope dogs don't have terrible twos!
No comments:
Post a Comment