After we were done at Corporate Farmer, I returned the call to Dr. Jalukar since we had been playing telephone tag. It seems my gut instinct was correct and the biopsy showed a basal cell carcinoma (I just hate it when I'm right!). He said it would be removed much like the punch biopsy but he wanted to do it in Mason City where he has pathology on site to see if the margins are clear. Once he has gotten it all he may need to do a skin graft since the site is on the tip of my nose and there is not a lot of excess skin to work with there. He is doing this all under local anesthesia which I am definitely not looking forward to. I am pretty sure I will be fainting before it is all over since I almost did during the biopsy! I guess the cancer part doesn't bother me as much as the location -- right in the middle of my face. There's just not going to be any hiding it! That probably sounds a little shallow but maybe it's just a woman thing. Hopefully I won't end up with a Michael Jackson nose!
Starting to get the liturgy committee in the groove with flowers now that Pentecost is over and the Easter season is officially done. In a couple weeks colors will be changing back to green (for a very long time!) and we can hopefully get into a routine with all of this. I hope it doesn't wear the ladies on the committee out! So far they seem to be embracing this new responsibility and I hope and pray this continues. Things like this are always exciting when they are new and I've seen this before but I hope the attitudes are more sincere than my previous experiences.
Along with Pentecost came the LAST time I will have to play the Mass of Glory. I don't know how many of the parishoners realized, but today was the last time they will hear it. There are probably mixed feelings among the parish, I know there are mixed feelings about it in my household. Mike kind of likes that music but I am glad I don't have to play it anymore. Fr. Miller is kind of bummed but he is sure something new will come along to be its equivalent, which is probably true. I do know that a campfire wouldn't be a bad idea with the weather we've had lately though!
I got a wild hair this afternoon and baked homemade cream-filled chocolate cupcakes. Of course I was presented with the question, "Where are these going to?". That ranks right up there with the "Who died?" I usually receive when I bake. This time the cupcakes really are "just because". Now the challenge will be for me not to eat too many! So far I've only had one but I had Mike stash a couple of containers in unknown locations so they would last just a little longer!
Plan to start out the week tomorrow with lunch with a group of good friends -- Brenda Smith, Fr. Huber and of course, my bestest friend, Mike. That should make Monday bearable and hopefully the rest of the week will follow suit.
No comments:
Post a Comment