Survived the extreme heat of the week. Hopefully that is over with as the county fair is this week and would really like for them to have good weather. It just makes it so much more enjoyable for all involved. I am so glad those days are behind me. I remember getting those projects and write-ups finished for judging. Some of the projects, such as the baking, are ones that you just can't do until the last minute so it just never failed that Gabby was baking something at the last minute.
I survived the work week running the front desk alone while Kim was on vacation. Once the surgical days were over, it was much easier. Those are the days I am always checking someone in while watching to see when others walk out the door so that I can discharge them in the computer. Plus, I had two days when the mail did not arrive until after lunch. It seems to depend on which mail carrier we have that day. The other mail carrier usually gets our mail delivered between 9 and 9:30 which works great for me. I can get all the payments posted in the morning and have the afternoon to enter charges. It just really makes me appreciate that certain mail carrier all the more!
The city is tearing up 1st Street and they were digging and burying different lines in front of the main hospital entrance this week. Once they get into the full swing of it, there will be NO parking on the south side of the hospital and so all traffic (including ambulances) will have to enter from the north driveways. Not to mention on 2nd Street on the north side of the hospital, it is one lane traffic due to the construction on the hospital. Hopefully the street construction can be done in a timely manner as it will be a real disruption for the patients. Just makes life interesting I guess.
Saturday morning got me thinking of how close our vacation is and how much work I have to do beforehand. Whenever I go anywhere, I like to have my house in tip top, ready to show shape -- just in case (God forbid!) anything should happen to me. I know this sounds goofy but I even set out the clothing I am to be buried in -- there I said it! I haven't gone so far as to actually plan my funeral (yet)! So, on Saturday morning while the guys did chores before it got hotter, I tackled one room and thoroughly cleaned it. Once the guys came in and showered, we all headed to Mason City (driving thru McDonalds of course for lunch!). Mike and the boys went to the new Harry Potter movie. I took off and went to Kohl's and Hobby Lobby and shopped for uninteresting, girl stuff. After the movie, we all went to Target since the guys don't mind roaming around that store. All in all, I had a fun day.
Evening came and Mike and I decided the flowers outside the church needed watering so we headed uptown. After that we got in the car and for some reason, Mike decided to drive around the cemetery. We drove past my brother's grave and got out for a while. I have an uncle that is buried in the row to the west of him. We drove past my grandparents' grave as well. After that, he headed out to the St. Patrick's cemetery (should I be worried?) and drove around (that is a short drive, let me tell you!) When we were at the Evergreen Cemetery, I asked where our lots were going to be. He said he didn't want to think about that for another 10 years or so. (Phew!)
This morning was our first mass with Fr. Lippstock. He arrived at about 20 minutes to 8, dressed in black pants, red t-shirt and dingy white tennis shoes. After mass he made the comment to me that we sure like to stay around after mass and visit! I told him that this was not uncommon here, people do tend to stick around for a while after mass and chat. However, he ALSO likes to visit and I am hoping he made it to the Garner mass on time. He was chatting it up with the Chizek family while Bonnie Pals was in the sacristy wondering how to get him going. Finally we just shut the lights off hoping he would get the hint. Mike and I left and they were still talking. It would be interesting to hear what time he finally showed up at Garner!
Can't wait until after work tomorrow -- I'm heading to Cedar Falls to spend time with Gabby! Either on the way down or on the way home I hope to stop at my nephew's new home in Janesville. They just moved in a few weeks ago and I can't wait to see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment