After a rather sleepless night, I rolled out of bed a little before 6 a.m. and jumped into the shower making sure to make a lot of noise so Gabby woke up too! We got ourselves ready to begin the journey and left the hotel parking lot at 7:15 a.m. From there we fueled the car at "Little Arkansas" and picked up some donuts, allergy medicine, toothpaste, milk and a frappucino at the store there. I think I am fighting allergies as my face and head were aching and my eyes were watery. We got on the road from there at about 7:45 and headed off. Gabby was the first to drive today. We crossed the river and didn't stop until a rest stop in Illinois just past Peoria. We got out to stretch, use the restroom and hit the vending machines. After that we stopped at Farmer City, IL for gas since the trip odometer was pushing 300 miles and Gabby's gas gauge is broken. She only put 9 gallons in so that wasn't too shabby. We drove from there without stopping until around Danville when we decided to stop at a Steak and Shake as I was craving grilled cheese and french fries. Gabby thought that sounded good too so we made it a double. She also had to stomach her first taste of good old southern tea -- sweetened. Yuck!
Now it was MY turn to drive and the fun begins. I was a little worried because I get sleepy in the afternoons but no chances of that with my route! I went through tons of road construction, a ill-marked detour in Indianapolis, a slow to a grinding halt stop of traffic on Interstate 70 and a near miss during a lane change. When Gabby screams, "we need to be in the other lane" I take it as it is okay to go. Guess not! We can look back on it and laugh (don't know if the other guy can or not) but we made it out in one piece. Originally we were going to stop for the night in Dayton, OH but we arrived there at 6 p.m. and decided to forge ahead and see where we would end up at 7 p.m. The answer to that is -- Washington Court House, OH. Tomorrow we will hit the road once more and finish the last leg of our trip. Hopefully we will arrive in Virginia in time for me to post pictures but we'll see. I miss you all! Ta-ta till tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment