Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

It seems like just yesterday I was at Gabby's getting her unpacked and settled but two weeks have already gone by! I'm getting back into the swing of things at work. Just life in general keeps me hopping.

Mike finally finished harvesting just last night! He said he saved the worst field for last as far as downed corn went. Now all he has to do is get the ground worked and hunker the farm down for winter. He also has to get the rest of his dear daughter's belongings out to her!

While at break on Thursday, I heard the overhead page, "Kristi Hejlik, please dial 8700" which meant I had a phone call that just couldn't wait for me to get back to my desk. It was Mike informing me that Reed had an appointment that afternoon with an oral surgeon in Mason City. I had totally forgotten and I had planned to get so much done at work that afternoon! So I took off a little before two and we headed off. Lucky us, we waited for 2 hours before we even saw the surgeon. All it was for was a consult for wisdom teeth removal. We got out of the office at 4:45. Reed had social plans with Connie to go out to eat and go bowling and she was going to pick him up at 5:15. Reed called her on the cell and told her we would be a little late. We rushed home (as fast as we could at that time of day) and he made it just 15 minutes later than originally planned.

Saturday finally came and my sister, Deb, and I went to Des Moines to get our hair cut. Yes, I know that sounds goofy but it is worth it. Bobby does such a good job and it is great to catch up with her. After our haircuts we went to Cato and we all found something to purchase there. We then went to the Olympic Flame where Bobby and I had gyros and Deb had a Greek salad. After lunch we headed home but made a stop in Clear Lake so that Deb could pick up Jessica and bring her home for the weekend. She hasn't been able to bring her home for a while and they have stopped to see her a couple of times but Jessica was either shopping or doing some other outing. (I think her social calendar is more exciting than mine!)

This week brings a day off for me on Monday. It really sounds more exciting than it is. I'm going to have my physical and mammogram tomorrow. I got my lipids and glucose drawn this week and it is really bumming me out! It is the first time in my life that I have had high cholesterol! Deb says it is our age and our wonderful genetics and that I should look forward to rising glucose levels. Hopefully Julie can give me some pointers to fight the odds!

I called Gabby Saturday night and she sounded good. I had to make sure she wasn't getting snow! She said they expected to get some sleet that night but there was no snow where she lives. I think she is more than ready to get her bed and other things! She probably would also like to see her old Dad again too!

I'm using today to catch up on paperwork and weird tasks that run through my brain when I'm trying to fall asleep at night. I am trying to encourage Mike to do the same but he is more easily distracted than am I. As for supper tonight....I'm thinkin' take-out!

No comments: