Wednesday, September 25, 2013

First Day Officially Over

Just thought I would update on our first official day. We walked a "brief 10 minute walk" (a term which I think I will be hearing frequently but that Fr. Miller's mother doubts the true meaning of!)to a restaurant for dinner. There we had a four course meal of bread, canelloni, veal marsalla and fries and tiramasu. Cindy and I actually were quite hungry as all we had to eat since arriving to the hotel were the pretzel M & Ms and the whoppers we had bought before we got here. After returning to the hotel we decided we were so tired that we turned in to bed early. The idea of actually getting to stretch out in a bed and not an airplane seat and wear actual pajamas instead of our clothes sounded pretty good. Despite my bed not being my Tempurpedic I managed to pretty much fall to sleep a ssoon as my head hit hte pillow. I slept pretty good until I got thirsty and had to go to the bathroom. After getting those problems addressed I got all snug as a bug until....TOO HOT, TOO HOT, TOO HOT!!! That little episode didn't last long but I only slept on and off for the rest of the night. Now we are rising and shining and getting ready for our adventures today.

I must apologize to my foodie friends...I have been failing in the picture taking of my meals. I couldn't get the recipes from the airlines for those tasty trays of food they served and for that I am truly sorry. I will try and do better today. ;)

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Folks are telling me they're reading your blog, so keep the entries coming...love 'em! Those 10 min. walks allow for great 'gawking time,' I'm sure. ;) --M.A.